6 Things You Need To Know About Jide Kosoko’s Late Wife, Henrietta
Mrs Henrietta Kosoko, wife of Jide Kosoko passed away on Monday Jun 6th, 2016. The news came as a shock to many and encomiums have fast been pouring in eulogizing the popular actress and mother figure. Here are six things you should know about her:
1. Henrietta was not an only wife, she married into Mr Kosoko’s polygamous home after one of his wives died. She dated Jide up until 1993 when she left to deliver twins for a previous lover and husband who was a monogamist. She admitted in a 2009 interview with Vanguard that she was Kosoko’s mistress until 1995.
2. Her early life was spent in the Mushin area of Lagos State and that was where she got the motivation to venture into acting.
3. She came into the limelight in 1995 after starring in movie titled, ‘Omolade’ as well as an English one named ‘Onome’.
4. She has starred in numerous Yoruba movies and even English movies.
5. Her first attempt at acting was in a church play. It was attended by a member of the Association of Nigerian Theatre Arts practitioners(ANTP) who was marvelled by her performance on stage and insisted that she join the movie industry.
6. The late thespian met her husband when he came to premiere one of his movies in the Mushin area of Lagos where she was living. According to her, the actor instantly fell in love with her and from there their relationship started.