England international right-back, Nathaniel Clyne has completed a loan move to AFC Bournemouth from Liverpool.
okay gathered that the 27-year-old is eligible for Saturday’s FA Cup third round tie against Brighton & Hove Albion.
The 27-year-old began his career at Crystal Palace before moving to Southampton in July 2012.
In 2015, Clyne joined Liverpool from Southampton for £12.5m and he has made 103 appearances in all competitions for the Reds to date, scoring twice.
Commenting on the move on afcbTV, Clyne said: “I’m really excited by this opportunity. It’s great chance for me to come and play football.
“I’ve spoken to the manager and we’ve talked about what we can achieve for the remainder of the season. It’s a great club with a great story. I can’t wait to get going.”
Eddie Howe, AFC Bournemouth manager also in a statement on the club’s website said: “Nathaniel is vastly experienced and has the benefit of being able to play in a couple of positions for us.
“With Simon Francis’ injury we felt it was important to bring someone in capable of filling that void, and it’s great to have Nathaniel on board.
“Naturally, he wants to play football and is very keen to bring his attributes to the team. We’re excited about what he can deliver for us.”
Neill Blake, AFC Bournemouth chief executive added: “When a player of Nathaniel’s quality and experience became available we had to act quickly, and I’m delighted that he will be with us until the end of the season.
“With Adam Smith and Simon Francis suffering injuries in recent weeks, it was imperative to strengthen the right-back area, and Nathaniel is a great fit for our squad in terms of his character and style of play.
“I am looking forward to seeing him pull on an AFC Bournemouth shirt and am confident that he can help us build on a record-breaking first half of the season.”
The club had earlier made the announcement on their official Twitter handle with the tweets below: