The Lagos State Government has confirmed a third case of coronavirus in the state.
The state’s commissioner of health, Akin Abayomi, announced this in a press conference on Tuesday.
According to Abayomi, the 30-year-old Nigerian female who returned from the United Kingdom on Friday, 13 March 2020, observed self-isolation, developed symptoms and has been tested positive. She is now receiving care in Mainland General Hospital.
Third case of #COVID19NIGERIA confirmed in Lagos.
– This is a new case independent of the index case
– 30 year old Nigerian, female
– Returned from the UK on 13th March
– Observed self-Isolation, developed symptoms
– Tested positive
– Now at Mainland GH receiving care pic.twitter.com/f8osZk4Ba4
— LSMOH (@LSMOH) March 17, 2020
Okay.ng recalls that this is coming after the second case was confirmed free of the virus by the Lagos State government some days ago.