Alhaji Ismaila Isa Funtua is a businessman from Katsina State
Isa Funtua, who is a close ally to President Muhammadu Buhari, trended on Monday, July 20, 2020, after Okay.ng reported his death due to cardiac arrest.
Here are 7 things you should know about him:
- Ismaila Isa is a renowned Business Executive and public officer with over thirty years of management experience.
- He trained as an administrative officer at the Institute of Administration, Ahmadu Bello University, ABU, Zaria and as an administrator at the Manchester University in the UK.
- He was Personnel Manager in United Textiles Limited (UNTL), responsible for over ten thousand staff and a one-time Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- He is the founder of Bulet International Nigeria Limited (the largest wholly-owned indigenous construction company) which built most of the iconic pub-lic buildings in Abuja.
- He is the founding Managing Director of Democrat Newspaper and served as President of the Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria (NPAN) for 8 years.
- He has worked with Suleiman & Co (Chartered Accountants).
- He served at the Katsina Native Authority for seven years as an Administrative Officer.