Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of global talent solutions to the oil and gas, power, infrastructure, chemical, life sciences and rail sectors worldwide.
Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, our comprehensive set of guaranteed staffing solutions ranges from payroll administration to full recruitment process outsourcing.
Join one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas operators in this role as Cathodic Protection Engineer – major pipelines.
You will be based on camp, working a 4/4 rotation. All accommodation, food & travel will be covered, plus a lucrative day rate.
- Monitor all construction activities related to Cathodic Protection Installation and Testing Works.
- Ensure HSE compliance of above activities with Project and Company specifications.
- Give the required assistance to Construction Superintendent
- Assist the Project Management Team to ensure compliance with other projects
- Review detailed Engineering Cathodic Protection documents
- Verify Cathodic Protection related procurement activities
- Supervise Verification of Materials, Installation, Testing, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning of all Cathodic Protection Equipment along the Pipeline, at the Nodes and TC in order to achieve a proper execution of all contractor activities and work for these areas and disciplines
- To assess the seriousness and urgency of possible problems encountered by or with contractor and, when necessary, to obtain an acceptable remedial actions plan from contractor
- To assess the relevancy of the construction related VORs issued by contractor, and prepare supporting data for the purpose of the internal VOR Review Meeting, under the responsibility of the Construction Superintendent
- Co-ordinate the activities of the various company Inspectors in his/her area, and clarify the interfaces between their respective scopes of responsibilities when and as required
Desired Skills and Experience
More than 10 years Cathodic Protection Construction proven successful experience in an equivalent position,
Experience in Nigeria is a plus
Strong background in Cathodic Protection Cable Connections to Pipe, reinstatement of Corrosion Coating, Termination of Cables in Test Posts, Rectifier and Ground Bed Installation and DCVG Testing
Proven experience with Cathodic Protection System Installation and Testing
Proven leadership capabilities, strong reporting and organizational skills
Fluent in English language, French is a plus
Good oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate efficiently
Autonomous, self motivating but active team player. Hands on PC programs (Word/ Excel etc.)