Xiaomi 14 Ultra is the upcoming flagship smartphone from the Chinese tech giant, expected to launch at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2024 in February.
The phone is rumored to be a camera powerhouse, with a quad 50MP rear camera system and Leica optics. It is also said to feature a stunning 6.73-inch QHD+ AMOLED LTPO display, a Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 processor, and a 5,300mAh battery with 90W wired charging.
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about the Xiaomi 14 Ultra specs leaks.
What are the sources of the Xiaomi 14 Ultra specs leaks?
The Xiaomi 14 Ultra specs leaks have been circulating on the internet for a while, but the most recent and credible ones come from two sources:
- Yogesh Brar, a well-known leaker and tech analyst, who posted a list of Xiaomi 14 Ultra key specs on X, formerly known as Twitter.
How does the Xiaomi 14 Ultra compare to the Xiaomi 13 Ultra?
The Xiaomi 14 Ultra seems to be more of a refresh than a major upgrade from the Xiaomi 13 Ultra, which was launched in March 2023. The two phones share many similarities, such as:
- The same display size, resolution, and refresh rate.
- The same battery capacity and charging speed.
- The same main camera sensor size and resolution.
- The same selfie camera resolution.
However, there are also some differences, such as:
- The Xiaomi 14 Ultra will use the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset, which is the latest and most powerful Android processor, while the Xiaomi 13 Ultra used the Snapdragon 888 Plus chipset, which is slightly older and less powerful.
- The Xiaomi 14 Ultra will have Leica-branded optics for its rear cameras, which are expected to offer better image quality and performance, while the Xiaomi 13 Ultra did not have any Leica branding or partnership.
- The Xiaomi 14 Ultra will have a variable aperture for its main camera, which can range from f/1.6 to f/4.0, while the Xiaomi 13 Ultra had a fixed aperture of f/1.9 for its main camera.
- The Xiaomi 14 Ultra will have brighter lenses for its telephoto cameras, with f/2.5 apertures, while the Xiaomi 13 Ultra had darker lenses, with f/3.0 apertures, for its telephoto cameras.
- The Xiaomi 14 Ultra will run on Android 14 with Hyper OS, which is Xiaomi’s new custom skin, while the Xiaomi 13 Ultra ran on Android 11 with MIUI 12.5.
What are the expected price and availability of the Xiaomi 14 Ultra?
The Xiaomi 14 Ultra is expected to be unveiled at the MWC 2024, which will take place from February 26 to March 1, 2024, in Barcelona, Spain.
The phone is likely to go on sale shortly after the launch, in China and other markets where Xiaomi operates.
The price of the Xiaomi 14 Ultra is not yet known, but it is expected to be similar to or slightly higher than the Xiaomi 13 Ultra, which started at $999 for the base model with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage.