Former Super Eagles captain Vincent Enyeama is the sixth highest paid African footballer in the French Ligue 1, according to information from L’Equipe, The goalkeeper is presently out of favour at Lille, with no appearances to his name for the first team this season, but still takes home 180,000 euros every month at the club (equivalent of N79.2 million).
Last season, Enyeama received a salary of €150,000 per month, meaning his take home pay has increased by €30,000.Monaco’s Senegal international Keita Baldé is the highest earning African in Ligue 1, with a monthly salary of 340,000 euros, followed by former Chelsea wonderkid Bertrand Traore, who pockets 300,000 euros every month at Lyon.
Nigeria international Chidozie Awaziem is not listed among the top eight earners at Nantes. Paris Saint-Germain superstar Neymar is the best paid player in France, the Brazilian receives more than 3 million euros monthly, excluding individual and team bonuses.
Top 10 Highest Paid Africans In Ligue 1
1. Keita Baldé (Senegal, Monaco): 340,000 euros monthly
2. Bertrand Traoré ( Burkina Faso, Lyon): 300,000 euros
3. Aymen Abdennour (Tunisia, Marseille): 250,000 euros
4. Rachid Ghezzal (Algeria, Monaco): 200,000 euros
5. Clinton Njie (Cameroon, Marseille): 190,000 euros
6. Maxwel Cornet (Ivory Coast, Lyon): 180,000 euros
6. Vincent Enyeama (Nigeria, Lille): 180,000 euros
8. Wahbi Khazri (Tunisia, Rennes): 140,000 euros + 40,000 euros paid by Sunderland (lending club).
9. Diafra Sakho (Senegal, Rennes): 150,000 euros
10. Yassine Benzia (Algeria, Lille): 120,000 euros
10. Prejuce Nakoulma (Burkina Faso, Nantes): 120,000 euros.