Nigeria’s Victor Moses is on course to win the 2017 African Player of the Year award following his inclusion in a short list of 11 players for the award.
The Chelsea star was listed alongside Gabon’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Egypt’s Mohamed Salah and Senegal’s Sadio Mane.
Caf announced the short list on Monday after receiving votes from members of its Technical & Development Committee, Media Experts Panel and Independent Media and TV Consultants.
The list was pruned from an earlier list of 30 players.
The second and final phase will involve Head Coaches or Technical Directors of the National Associations taking part in the voting exercise and ten members from the Independent Media and TV Consultants group.
According to Caf, for the first time, captains of the senior men’s national teams will also take part in deciding the winners.
The Awards Gala will take place on Thursday, 4 January 2018 in Accra, Ghana.
African Player of the Year (alphabetical order)
1. Bertrand Traore (Burkina Faso & Olympique Lyon)
2. Denis Onyango (Uganda & Mamelodi Sundowns)
3. Karim El Ahmadi (Morocco & Feyenoord)
4. Keita Balde (Senegal & Monaco)
5. Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Liverpool)
6. Naby Keita (Guinea & RB Leipzig)
7. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon & B. Dortmund)
8. Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool)
9. Victor Moses (Nigeria & Chelsea)
10. Vincent Aboubakar (Cameroon & Porto)
11. Yacine Brahimi (Algeria & Porto)
Player of the Year (Based in Africa)
1. Achraf Bencharki (Morocco & Wydad Athletic Club)
2. Ahmed Fathi (Egypt & Al Ahly)
3. Ali Maaloul (Tunisia & Al Ahly)
4. Aristide Bance (Burkina Faso & El Masry)
5. Ben Malango (DR Congo & TP Mazembe)
6. Denis Onyango (Uganda & Mamelodi Sundowns)
7. Jeremy Brockie (New Zealand & Supersport)
8. Junior Ajayi (Nigeria & Al Ahly)
9. Mohamed Ounnajem (Morooco & Wydad Athletic Club)
10. Taha Yassine Khenisssi (Tunisia & Esperance)