Certified Ok! - Formerly Forumspotz

UPDATE! Death Toll Rises to 6 In Four-Storey Building Collapse In Lagos

Speaking with NAN on Wednesday in Lagos state, Farinloye said 15 people have so far been rescued.

0

Spokesperson of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Ibrahim Farinloye, has disclosed that the number of deaths from Tuesday’s collapsed building in Lagos has increased to six.

Speaking with NAN on Wednesday in Lagos state, Farinloye said 15 people have so far been rescued.

He said the incident happened at Tokunbo, off Odunfa Road, Carrena/Martins street, Lagos Island.

According to him, an 11-year-old boy was pulled out of the debris alive at about 4.00 a.m on Wednesday.

He said another 11-year-old boy, who had to have his legs amputated, was also rescued alive on Tuesday.

The spokesman told NAN that the rescue team comprising Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) Response Unit, the police, Lagos State Ambulance Service and the Lagos State Fire Service is still working at the scene.

Adesina Tiamiyu, the LASEMA General Manager, said the erection of a telecommunication mast very close to the building contributed to the collapse.

”Heavy duty equipment is searching through the rubbles,” Tiamiyu said.

He said the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and Red Cross are also involved in the rescue operation.

A woman and her daughter died on Saturday when another building collapsed at Abule-Egba, a Lagos suburb., NAN reports

The LASEMA spokesman, Adebayo Kehinde, said that a five-year-old girl was rescued alive from the Saturday’s incident and was immediately taken to the General Hospital, Ikeja, by the State Ambulance Service.

He said that the building collapsed at No. 7, Saidu Okeleji St., off Alaro Street, Meiran in Abule-Egba on Lagos-Sango-Abeokuta Expressway.


To Receive Free News Updates , Add Us on Whatsapp or BBM: 5930781D

Write Your Comment Here..

Be the First to Comment!

avatar
wpDiscuz