President Bola Tinubu has given his seal of approval for the appointment of new chief executive officers across several agencies and parastatals under the Federal Ministry of Industry, trade, and Investment.
The announcement was made by Ajuri Ngelale, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity.
According to the statement issued on Friday, these appointments align with the president’s commitment to bolster Nigeria’s economic resurgence by focusing on trade expansion, particularly through small, medium, and large-scale industrial facilitation across the nation.
The newly appointed CEOs include Hussani Ishaq Magaji, SAN, who will assume the role of Director-General, CEO of the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
Ifeanyi Chukwunonso Okeke has been named as the new head of the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON), while Charles Odii will take charge of the Small & Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN).
Other appointments include those for agencies and parastatals such as the Industrial Training Fund (ITF), National Sugar Development Council (NSDC), Nigeria Export Processing Zone Authority (NEPZA), Nigeria Export Promotion Council (NEPC), Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC), Oil & Gas Free Zone Authority (OGFZA), and more.
The new executives are expected to commence their roles immediately and work towards the realization of the objectives set by the Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Investment.
The complete list of the appointed individuals and the agencies they will lead is as follows:
- Hussaini Ishaq Magaji, SAN – Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Afiz Ogun Oluwatoyin – Industrial Training Fund (ITF)
- Kamar Bakrin – National Sugar Development Council (NSDC)
- Olufemi Ogunyemi – Nigeria Export Processing Zone Authority (NEPZA)
- Nonye Ayeni – Nigeria Export Promotion Council (NEPC)
- Aisha Rimi – Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC)
- Bamanga Usman Jada – Oil & Gas Free Zone Authority (OGFZA)
- Charles Odii – Small & Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN)
- Ifeanyi Chukwunonso Okeke – Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON)
- Rabiu Olowo – Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN)
- Anthony Atuche, CFA – Nigeria Commodities Exchange (NCE)
- Veronica Safiya Ndanusa – Lagos International Trade Fair Complex (LITFCMB)
- Lucia Shittu – Tafawa Balewa Square Management Board (TBSMB)
- Oluwemimo Joseph Osanipin – National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC)