The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has played a pivotal role in shaping the country’s economic landscape since its establishment in 1958.
Over the years, the bank has been led by a distinguished group of individuals who have made significant contributions to the nation’s financial stability and economic growth.
Here they are:
- Roy Pentelow Fenton (1958-1963)
- Aliyu Mai-Bornu (1963-1967)
- Clement Nyong Isong (1967-1975)
- Adamu Ciroma (1975-1977)
- Ola Vincent (1977-1982)
- Abdulkadir Ahmed (1982-1993)
- Paul Agbai Ogwuma (1993-1999)
- Joseph Oladele Sanusi (1999-2004)
- Charles Soludo (2004-2009)
- Lamido Sanusi (2009-2014)
- Godwin Emefiele (2014-2023)
- Yemi Cardoso (2023-present)