An analysis of the bills progression chart of the eighth Senate from June 2015 to June 2016 obtained from the Rules and Business Committee have revealed that top guns in the Senate have no bills to their names as the 8th Assembly celebrated its first year last week.
Senate President, Bukola Saraki, his Deputy, Ike Ekweremadu; his predecessor, David Mark and 27 others, among them ranking senators fall within that category of senators who have not sponsored a bill.
See list of 19 out of the 31 as obtained:
1. Bukola Saraki (Senate President)
2. Ike Ekweremadu (Deputy Senate President)
3. David Mark (Former Senate President)
4. Ahmed Sani Yarima (Former Governor, Zamfara)
5. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso (Former Governor, Kano)
6. George Akume (Former Governor, Benue)
7. Danjuma Goje (Former Governor, Gombe)
8. Adamu Aliero (Former Governor, Kebbi)
9. Jonah Jang (Former Governor, Plateau)
10. Bukar Abba Ibrahim (Former Governor, Yobe)
11. Godswill Akpabio (Former Governor, Akwa-Ibom)
12. Sen. Abu Ibrahim
13. Sen. Bayero Nafada
14. Sen. Jeremiah Useni
15. Sen. Ali Sabi
16. Sen. Suleiman Hunkuyi
17. Sen. Muhammad Hassan
18. Sen. Abdul-Aziz Murtala Nyako
19. Sen. Ahmed Lawan.