The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has denied launching an airstrike on a community in Yobe State.
This is coming following reports that a fighter jet allegedly belonging to NAF had killed several persons and others injured in a bombardment on Buwari community in Yunusari Local Government Area.
Reacting to the reports, NAF spokesman, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, in a statement on Wednesday said the agency last conducted a mission in Yobe State earlier in the month.
He said: “NAF last conducted a mission into Yobe State (Not Yunusari LGA) on 5 September 2021 and it was an armed recce.
- Advertisement -
“No bomb or missile was even expended”.