How I Escaped from Police Custody in Port Harcourt to Barkin Ladi – Ritual Killer Suspect

As the residents of Rivers State anxiously await the arrival of the Ifeanyi Chukwu Maxwell Dike, who allegedly raped and killed an eight- year- old girl and cut off some parts of her body for ritual, the suspect who was arrested on Friday at Barkin-Ladi, Jos, Plateau State has been telling the story of his escape from the custody of the Police in Port Harcourt.

Ifeanyi said he escaped from the Iinvestingating Police O fiicer, Sergeant Johnbosco (now dismissed) he scaled the fence of the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Port Harcourt under the cover of darkness and came across a truck already loaded for a trip.

The suspect said he hid inside the truck, though he did not the destination. But the truck eventually stopped at the remote town of Barkin Ladi.

As he was ravaged by hunger, he went in search of food to survive. In the process, he further explained, he robbed a middle aged man in his home and in the process he was apprehended by the Police who later found out that he was the ritual killer declared wanted in Port Harcourt.

Ifeanyi Dike, a 200 level student of the University of Port-Harcourt currently studying Physics, escaped on the 19th August, 2017 after he killed Victory, an eight years old little girl before harvesting some essential part of the body.

He escaped while in detention after the Investigating Police Officer (IPO) after obtained his statement on August 20.

Parading the suspect before journalists, the Police the Plateau State Police Commissioner Peter Ogunyanwo said the ritual killer was arrested in a robbery attack in Barkin-Ladi Local Government Area in Plateau State by officers and men of the State Anti Robbery Squad (SARS).

“You cannot split blood and go scot free, the blood of the innocent will surely hunt you and that is exactly what happened to the ritual killer”, the CP said.

Some residents of Port Harcourt are waiting anxiously for the arrival of the suspect to Port Harcourt have called on the Police to be more professional to avoid an embarrassing repeat of the last incident where he escaped causing civil protests in the state and calls for the rresignation of the state Police Commissioner, CP Zaki Ahmed.

An Eliozu resident where vigilantes first arrested the suspect before handing over to the Police, Amadi Cletus,said:

“We are happy that he has been rearrested in far away Plateau state to face justice.We,however, plead with the Police to be strictly professional as they are dealing with a hardened criminal who may play another stunt.

“They bind him in both hands and legs through out his interrogation and trial.”
CP Ahmed had to place a N1million bounty on him as reward for any informant who could provide useful information that could lead to his rearrest.

Dr. Dakuku Peterside, the Director-General of Nigerian Maritime Security Agency, NIMASA, also placed N.5million reward for any informant.

Advertise with |  Send news and press releases to | Get daily news updates on Telegram on Google News

Back to top button