The Federal Government has approved the establishment of seven new tertiary institutions in the country.
The Assistant Director, Press and Public Relations at the Federal Ministry of Education, Obilor-Duru Augustina Okechi, disclosed this in a statement on behalf of the Minister of Education, Prof. Tahir Mamman.
The breakdown of the new institutions includes:
- Two federal universities:
- Federal University of Medical and Health Sciences, Kwale, Delta State
- Federal University of Agriculture, Mubi, Adamawa State
- Two colleges of education converted to federal universities of education:
- Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo, Ondo State
- Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri, Imo State
- Three colleges of education:
- Federal College of Education, Ilawe Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal College of Education, Ididep, Ibiono, Akwa Ibom State
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Yauri, Kebbi State
Speaking on the latest development, the statement emphasized, “The establishment and conversion of these institutions is a further demonstration of President Bola Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda for the education sector and will help in improving access to tertiary education in the country.”