The Nigerian Army have arrested 21 bandits around Batsari, Jibia and Safana Local Government Areas of Katsina State.
Okay.ng gathered that they were arrested between the 3rd to 21st of June 2019.
Sagir Musa, the Acting Director Army Public Relations, disclosed in a statement that the criminal elements were apprehended based on credible intelligence from the locals, and have confessed taking part in several banditry activities, cattle rustling and other sundry crimes. They, as usual, will be handed over to the respective law enforcement agency for further action.
Those arrested and items recovered are:
1. Bawa Gomna of Garin Waiziri in Safana LGA.
2. Mallam Bello Sabiu of Fafara village of Jibia LGA.
3. Ibrahim Umar of Fafara village, Jibia LGA (Serials 1- 3 are logistics suppliers of the bandits).
4. Mallam Ibrahim Labo of Shamushelle village in Birnin Magaji LGA, Zamfara State.
5. Musa Lawal of Maitonga village in Safana LGA.
6. Mallam Adamu Mohammed Mairuwa village, Faskari LGA
7. Ibrahim Babangida Mairuwa, Faskari LGA
8. Sani Adamu Mairuwa village Faskari LGA
9. Yusuf Abubakar – Mairuwa village, Faskari LGA
10. Adamu Saidu – Mairuwa village, Faskari LGA of Katsina State to mention a few.
The Army also recovered motorcycles, food stuffs, handsets and jerricans of petroleum motor sprit (PMS) from the bandits.