Veteran Nollywood legend, Pete Edochie turns a year older today, March 7.
Here are 10 interesting facts all Nigerians should know about the actor.
1. Pete is a very devout Christian from Anambra state. He was born on the 7th of March, 1947.
2. He got married at the tender age of 22 and he is blessed with 6 children who are all graduates. He also has 5 Grandchildren.
3. Two of his sons – Linc Edochie and Yul Edochie are both talented actors in Nollywood. His brother’s wife – Rita Edochie is also a veteran actress in the Industry
4. Pete participated in the Nigeria Civil War in 1967 and he also worked with the Nigeria Broadcasting Corporation in 1967.
5. His beard has been a great pride to him as he has never shaved it since he was 23 years. According to Pete Edochie, ‘the beard gives him character and he would not shave it off for any amount.’
6. His saddest moments were on the August 4, 1965, when he lost his elder brother, and in 1974 when he lost his second son.
7. The veteran came into limelight for playing Okonkwo in the screen adaptation of Chinua Achebe’s “Things Fall Apart” in the 1980s.
8. In a recent interview with Daily Trust, the actor revealed “Things Fall Apart” as his most challenging movie role ever.
9. He has featured in over 100 Nigerian movies and has received so many awards for his active performance in the industry.
10. Pete was kidnapped on August 16, 2009, on his way to an event in Anambra state and fortunately for him, he was released the next day.
Vote for Okay Nigeria (Okay.ng) as BEST ONLINE MEDIA WEBSITE at 2019 .NG awards HERE