President Bola Tinubu has granted approval for the appointment of twenty prominent Nigerians to serve as Federal Commissioners within the National Population Commission (NPC).
In addition to these appointments, nine incumbent Federal Commissioners have been reappointed for a second term in office, as announced by Ajuri Ngelale, the Special Adviser to the President on Media & Publicity.
The list of the newly appointed and reappointed Federal Commissioners is as follows:
- Hon. Emmanuel Trump Eke – Abia
- Dr. Clifford Zirra – Adamawa (Reappointed)
- Mr. Chidi Christopher Ezeoke – Anambra (Reappointed)
- Barr. Isa Audu Buratai – Borno (Reappointed)
- Bishop Alex Ukam – Cross River
- Ms. Blessyn Brume-Ataguba – Delta
- Dr. Jeremiah Ogbonna Nwankwegu – Ebonyi
- Dr. Tony Aiyejina – Edo (Reappointed)
- Mr. Ejike Ezeh – Enugu (Reappointed)
- Mr. Abubakar Damburam – Gombe (Reappointed)
- Prof. Uba Nnabue – Imo (Reappointed)
- Ms. Sa’adatu Dogon Bauchi Garba – Kaduna
- Dr. Aminu Ibrahim Tsanyawa – Kano
- Hon. Yori Afolabi – Kogi
- Hon. Olakunle Sobukola – Ogun
- Hon. Temitayo Oluseye Oluwatuyi – Ondo
- Sen. Mudashiru Hussain – Osun (Reappointed)
- Ms. Mary Ishaya Afan – Plateau
- Mr. Ogiri Itotenaan Henry – Rivers
- Mr. Saany Sale – Taraba (Reappointed)
President Tinubu has charged the newly appointed and reappointed Federal Commissioners of the National Population Commission (NPC) with the responsibility of executing various strategic measures initiated by his administration.