Here are the Latest Nigerian News Recap for Wednesday, 12th June, 2019.
- Ahmed Lawan emerges president of the 9th Senate
Senator Ahmad Lawan was on Tuesday elected as President of the 9th Senate.
Lawan emerged after securing 79 votes as against Ndume who polled 28 votes. — Read in detail HERE
- Ovie Omo-Agege becomes deputy president of the 9th Senate
Senator Ovie Omo-Agege was on Tuesday elected as deputy President of the 9th Senate.
Omo-Agege clinched the seat after polling 68 votes against Ekweremadu who got 37 votes. — Read in detail HERE
- Femi Gbajabiamila, Ahmed Wase to lead House of Representatives as Speaker, Deputy Speaker
Femi Gbajabiamila, Ahmed Wase have been elected as Speaker, Deputy of House of Representatives respectively.
Gbajabiamila secure 283 votes against Bago with 76 votes, while Wase the only candidate for the position was returned unopposed. — Read in detail HERE
- JAMB pegs official cut-off mark at 160 for university admission
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has fixed 160 as official cut-off mark for admission into University.
The board also agreed 140 for private universities, 120 for public polytechnic and 110 for private polytechnic.
Candidates with 100 and above section for colleges of education. — Read in detail HERE
- Rochas gets his certificate of return from INEC
The former governor of Imo state, Rochas Okorocha, has finally been issued his certificate of return as senator representing Imo West at the red chambers. — Read in detail HERE
Read more Latest Nigerian News on Okay.ng daily.