Lionel Messi has claimed the top spot on Forbes’ highest-paid athletes for 2019.
The Barcelona superstar beat Cristiano Ronaldo with an excess amount of $18 million.
Messi earned $127million from wages and endorsements while Cristiano Ronaldo earned a total of $109m.
However, PSG star, Neymar pocketed a total amount of $105m this past year.
Top-10 Forbes highest-paid athletes for 2019
1. Lionel Messi, soccer: $127m
2. Cristiano Ronaldo, soccer: $109m
3. Neymar, soccer: $105m
4. Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, boxer: $94m
5. Roger Federer, tennis: $93.4m
6. Russell Wilson, football: $89.5m
7. Aaron Rodgers, football: $89.3m
8. LeBron James, basketball: $89m
9. Stephen Curry, basketball: $79.8m
10. Kevin Durant, basketball: $65.4m