JAMB Warns Candidates Against Double Registration For Direct Entry, UTME

JAMB’s Head of Public Relations, Fabian Benjamin, said this in a signed statement in Abuja on Sunday.

1

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has said it will not condone double registration for Direct Entry and Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

JAMB’s Head of Public Relations, Fabian Benjamin, said this in a signed statement in Abuja on Sunday.

Benjamin described the act of multiple registrations as a serious offence in the process of obtaining the Board’s application forms.

He said a warning had become imperative for people to know and understand that violation of the rule would attract sanctions.

“Candidates are to note that our advertisement for 2017 UTME clearly states the penalty for any candidate caught buying two forms.

“Members of the public are requested to note that any candidate who indulges in double registration will be caught by our software and disqualified.

“The Board is not interested in the candidates’ money as is being insinuated by certain group who suggested to the Board that such registration will enhance the revenue base of the Board.

“No, we are more interested in the credibility of the examination and not the money, if money is our concern we will not be returning over five billion naira to the Federal Government coffers.’’

Benjamin said this year, the Board had so far remitted more than five billion naira to government, the highest ever in the 40 years of its existence.

He said that the money was saved through the transparent and judicious use of resources.

Benjamin urged candidates to disregard all information on admission, especially cut-off marks being circulated on the net.

According to him, the Board has established a new method of admission in line with its mandate to ensure fairness irrespective of tribe, religion and it is determined to meet the expectations of Nigerians.

The JAMB public relations officer said the Board has held consultations with universities across the country to enable candidate to meet the requirement and secure admission without the assistance of anybody.

According to him, no cut-off mark has been arrived at as this can only be done at a policy meeting.

“Do not allow yourselves to be defrauded by internet fraudsters, the policy meeting would commence the 2017 admission with all mode, process and acceptable conditions for admission.

“The Prof. Oloyede led management is working to ensure transparent, acceptable and fair admission process.

“We have designed software known as Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS), where human interference will be completely removed, to promote credibility.

“The admission criteria would be keyed into the software and it will select candidates blindly according to the institutions requirement without any primordial consideration.’’


To Receive Free News Updates , Add Us on Whatsapp or BBM: 5930781D

You might also like More from author

1 Comment

  1. taiwo isaiah says

    It is good that the admission is being automated which will terminate retrogressive admissions policy of almost all universities in Nigeria in the last 15years.
    The universities are free to criticize the automated admission software.all parameter such as subjects acceptable to each universities must be built to the software otherwise jamb will be at longer head with the universities.Each courses with acceptable subjects must be linked to each university and as perquisites before the software offer admission.if the software does not have this capabilities then the developer must be asked to integrate this immediately otherwise jamb may be forced to cross check automated admission against subjects requirement of each university

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.