The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has released the provisional list of candidates for governorship election in Edo state scheduled for September 19, 2020.
Okay.ng understands that the list published by INEC on July 1 consists of governorship candidates from 14 political parties.
INEC in a statement issued by its National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye, advised Nigerians to go through the nomination forms, affidavits and documents submitted by the parties on behalf of their candidates.
The electoral empire said any person who has reasonable grounds to believe that any information in the affidavit or any document submitted by any candidate is false, may file a suit against such candidates seeking a declaration that the information contained in the affidavit is false.
“At the close of nominations at 6pm on June 29, 2020, 14 political parties used the dedicated online portal of the commission to submit the list of candidates that emerged from their primaries,” INEC said.
“The provisional list of the candidates disaggregated on the basis of name, gender, age and qualification has been uploaded on our website and social media platforms. Furthermore, and as required by law, the particulars of the nominated candidates will be published in the Edo State office of the commission and simultaneously uploaded on our website Thursday, July 2, 2020.
“The final list of duly nominated candidates will be published on August 13 2020 after withdrawals by candidates and substitution by their political parties.”
Here is the list as released by INEC:
- AA – Obhafuoso Paul, E — Governor; Sunday Johnbull — Deputy Governor
- ADC – Akhigbe B Ehiabhi — Governor; Mabel Oboh — Deputy Governor
- ADP- Ibio L Emmanuel — Governor; Demond Imasuen — Deputy Governor
- APC- Osagie Andrew Ize-Iyamu—Governor; Audu Ganiyu — Deputy Governor
- APGA- Lucky Osagie Idehen—Governor; Isah Asekhaimeh — Deputy Governor
- APM- Igbineweka Osamuede—Governor; Obiyan Christian — Deputy Governor
- APP- Amos Osalumese Areloegbe—Governor; Afolabi Ogah — Deputy Governor
- LP- Osifo Uhun-Ekpenma Isaiah—Governor; Omobayo Marvellous—Deputy Governor
- NNPP- Agolebun Tracy—Governor; Enobhaysobo Jonathan — Deputy Governor
- NRM- Stevie Nash Ozono—Governor; Osadolor Eghe Festus— Deputy Governor
- PDP- Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki—Governor; Philip Shaibu— Deputy Governor
- SDP- Felix Ikezor Obayangbon—Governor; Omion Omonye— Deputy Governor
- YPP- Jones Osagiobare—Governor; Samson Olukayode Idowu— Deputy Governor
- ZLP- Akhalamhe Amiemenoghena—Governor; Thompson Osadolor—Deputy Governor