Electrocuted UNILAG Student ‘Saw Her Death Coming’ – Family Member Reveals
Tragedy struck at the University of Lagos days ago when Oluchi Anekwe, a first class 300 Level student of the department of Accounting, died after being electrocuted by a high tension wire.
“It still feels like a dream that my daughter is gone,” Chief Basil Anekwe, her distraught father said according to PUNCH.
“She was the star of the family,” he continued. “Always striving to become the best at her academics. Even as a first class student, she wasn’t satisfied, she wanted to break records and was already discussing where she would prefer to do her Master’s degree. That was who Oluchi was,” he said.
Oluchi’s immediate elder sibling, Nkem – a practising lawyer – gave a vivid account of her last moments before the sad incident.
Battling with emotions, she said Oluchi could have survived had staff of the UNILAG medical centre attended to her immediately she was rushed to the facility, – authorities had insisted on seeing her Identity card before checking her.
Nkem also revealed that her sibling had a premonition of something terrible happening a few days before the sad incident.
“Last Sunday while at one of our prayer meetings in church, the man of God asked us to rebuke every monitoring spirit assigned to follow us about. Immediately, Oluchi got on her knees and started praying seriously, crying for God to rebuke evil away from her. I had never seen her pray like that before. It was as if she knew death was around the corner,” Nkem said.