#EdoDecides: 8 Things You Should Know About Edo Governor-Elect, Godwin Obaseki
The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC on Thursday, Seeptemeber 29th, 2016 declared the Candidate of the All Progressive Congress, Mr. Godwin Obaseki has winner in the Edo gubernatorial election.
Here are few things you you should know about the Governor-elect
– Mr. Godwin Obaseki was born in Benin City, Nigeria to the famous and illustrious Obaseki family.
– He had his early education in St. Matthews Anglican Primary School Benin City from where he proceeded to Eghosa Anglican Grammer School, Benin City for his secondary schoool eductaion. He attended the University of Ibadan where he obtained a BA in Classics.
Mr. Obaseki attended the Columbia University and Pace University in New York and has an MBA in Finance and International Business. He is also a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers, Nigeria and an alumnus of the Lagos Business School Chief Executive Program.
– He was nominated a Global Leader for Tomorrow (GLT) by the World Economic Forum in 2001.
– Godwin Obaseki began his career over 30 years ago and has established track records in Investment Banking, Asset Management, Securities Trading and the Public Sector both internationally and in Nigeria.
– Godwin Obaseki immediate past Chairman of the Edo State Government’s Economic and Strategy Team (EST), a position he has held since March 17, 2009 Pro bono publico.
– He was the founding secretary of a New York based US Africa Chamber of Commerce in 1992, which promoted US organisations doing business in Africa.
– He was a Director in Junior Achievement of Nigeria – the local affiliate of the worldwide Not for Profit organisation which trains students to appreciate market economy values.
– He also participates actively and serves as Trustee, in the Dr. Jackson Owen Obaseki Foundation, a family owned NGO which is involved in providing free educational and health services to the less privileged.