A Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to Omoyele Sowore and his co-defendant, Olawale Bakare.
Okay.ng had earlier reported that Justice Chioma Ojukwu had fixed the 4th of October for the hearing of the matter after the department of state security refused to set the defendant free even when he was asked to be released forthwith by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Sowore bail conditions are:
- -N100m with 2 sureties in like sum
- – The sureties must be resident in Abuja and must have evidence of 3years tax clearance
- – Sowore will also not travel out of Abuja while the trial lasts & must also not participate in any rally during the trial period.
Bakare’s bail conditions:
– The second defendant, Bakare, was granted a 50 million bail and one surety in like sum.
– He should not move out of Abuja during the trial and should not participate in any rally.
Sowore is being held on seven counts charge of treasonable felony, cybercrimes and money laundering.