Chelsea will aim to consolidate on their 1-0 away victory against Crystal palace while Southampton will seek to avoid defeat against a Chelsea side who were handed their first home defeat of the season by Leicester prior to Christmas.
Southampton captain Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg will miss today’s match due to a red card he received during their home game against Manchester City.
Chelsea will host Southampton at the Stamford Bridge, by 19:45 GMT
Some Important Facts To Note
1) The blues have won each of their last seven games against Southampton in all competitions with a goal margin of two or more goals. while The Saints have only won three of their 19 visits.
2) Chelsea haven’t lost consecutive home Premier League matches since November 2011, when they lost to Arsenal and Liverpool. while Southampton haven’t won consecutive Premier League away games since March 2017, when they won at Sunderland and Watford.
3) Chelsea are playing their first Premier League game of a calendar year at home for the first time since 2013, when they lost 0-1 to QPR thanks to a Shaun Wright-Phillips strike.
4) Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud has been directly involved in six goals in his last five appearances against Southampton in all competitions (five goals, one assist).
5) Eden Hazard has had a hand in seven goals in his last six matches against Southampton for Chelsea in all competitions, scoring four and assisting three.