The Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) has postponed judgment on the alleged false asset declaration by former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godsday Orubebe to October 4th.
The Head, Press & Public Relations of the Tribunal, Ibraheem Al-hassan on Wednesday told Dailytrust that the postponement was necessitated as a result of the planned trip of the Chairman of the Tribunal to the United States for the International Bar Conference.
“There were challenges with securing visas for both the Chairman and the honourable member for them to attend the International Bar Conference in the United States. These challenges denied them the opportunity to make the trip”, he said.
He added that “However, the Tribunal had already postponed the judgment to October 4th because of this trip, and when they couldn’t make it again; we decided to stick by this postponement instead of reverting to the earlier date (today).”
This is the third time the Tribunal is postponing the delivery of judgment in this case. The judgement was first slated for June 30, 2016 but could not hold due to the absence of the Chairman of the Tribunal, Justice Danladi Umar and it was thus postponed to July 19.