President Muhammadu Buhari has renewed the appointments of 12 non-career ambassadors.
Buhari, in a statement issued by presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, assured to uphold the principle of fair representation and inclusiveness in all governance affairs.
According to the statement, the appointments were renewed following a satisfactory performance evaluation, adding however, that the president would still decide if the ambassadors would retain their current postings or be transferred.
The ambassadors whose appointments were renewed are:
READ ALSO: Ex-militant groups threaten attack as Buhari fails to accede to demands
1. Mrs Uzoma E. Emenike (Abia)
2. Yusuf M. Tuggar (Bauchi)
3. Muhammad B. Madugu (Bauchi)
4. Amb. Baba Ahmad Jidda (Borno)
5. Uyigue O. Oghogho (Edo)
6. Dr. Eniola Ajayi (Ekiti)
7. Deborah S. Iliya (Kaduna)
8. Mohammed D. Rimi (Katsina)
9. Prof. Tijjani Muhammad-Bande (Kebbi)
10. Dr Modupe E. Irele (Lagos)
11. Adeyinka Asekun (Ogun)
12. Sen. Goni Modu Zanna Bura (Yobe)
The statement added that “The President, again, congratulates the ambassadors on the renewal, urging them to keep upholding and promoting the values of stewardship to Nigeria, while bridging good relations with other nations.”