President Muhammadu Buhari is currently in a meeting with the Chairman and members of the Economic Advisory Council (EAC) at the State House, Abuja.
Okay.ng learned that the meeting began at the President’s office around 11.30 am, on Wednesday, October 9.
Buhari had three weeks ago constituted an Economic Advisory Council to advise him on economic policy matters.
Femi Adesina in a statement noted that the Economic Advisory Council (EAC) will advise the President on economic policy matters, including fiscal analysis, economic growth and a range of internal and global economic issues working with the relevant cabinet members and heads of monetary and fiscal agencies.
The EAC will have monthly technical sessions as well as scheduled quarterly meetings with the President. The Chairman may, however, request for unscheduled meetings if the need arises.
The council is made up of the following:
1. Prof. Doyin Salami – Chairman
2. Dr. Mohammed Sagagi – Vice-Chairman
3. Prof. Ode Ojowu – Member
4. Dr. Shehu Yahaya – Member
5. Dr. Iyabo Masha – Member
6. Prof. Chukwuma Soludo – Member
7. Mr. Bismark Rewane – Member
8. Dr. Mohammed Adaya Salisu – Secretary (Senior Special Assistant to the President, Development Policy)