President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, has approved the immediate retirement of all Service Chiefs, the Inspector-General of Police, Advisers, and the Comptroller-General of Customs.
Willie Bassey, Director Information, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, made this known in a statement issued on Monday.
The newly appointed officers, who assume their roles with immediate effect, are as follows:
- Mallam Nuhu Ribadu – National Security Adviser
- Maj. Gen. C.G Musa – Chief of Defence Staff
- Maj. T. A Lagbaja – Chief of Army Staff
- Rear Admiral E. A Ogalla – Chief of Naval Staff
- AVM H.B Abubakar – Chief of Air Staff
- DIG Kayode Egbetokun – Acting Inspector-General of Police
- Maj. Gen. EPA Undiandeye – Chief of Defense Intelligence
Additionally, President Tinubu has approved several other appointments, demonstrating his commitment to a comprehensive transformation of the nation’s security infrastructure.
- Advertisement -
The following officers will serve in various important positions:
- Col. Adebisi Onasanya – Brigade of Guards Commander
- Lt. Col. Moshood Abiodun Yusuf – 7 Guards Battalion, Asokoro, Abuja
- Lt. Col. Auwalu Baba Inuwa – 177, Guards Battalion, Keffi, Nasarawa State
- Lt. Col. Mohammed J. Abdulkarim – 102 Guards Battalion, Suleja, Niger
- Lt. Col. Olumide A. Akingbesote – 176 Guards Battalion, Gwagwalada, Abuja
Furthermore, several military officers have been appointed to key positions within the Presidential Villa:
- Maj. Isa Farouk Audu – Commanding Officer State House Artillery
- Capt. Kazeem Olalekan Sunmonu – Second-in-Command, State House Artillery
- Maj. Kamaru Koyejo Hamzat – Commanding Officer, State House Military Intelligence
- Maj. TS Adeola – Commanding Officer, State House Armament
- Lt. A. Aminu – Second-in-Command, State House Armament
In addition to the military appointments, President Tinubu has also selected two Special Advisers and two Senior Assistants:
- Hadiza Bala Usman – Special Adviser, Policy Coordination
- Hannatu Musa Musawa – Special Adviser, Culture and Entertainment Economy
- Sen. Abdullahi Abubakar Gumel – Senior Special Assistant, National Assembly Matters (Senate)
- Hon. (Barr) Olarewaju Kunle Ibrahim – Senior Special Assistant, National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives)
Lastly, Adeniyi Bashir Adewale has been appointed as the Acting Comptroller General of Customs, responsible for overseeing the crucial role of customs in the country’s trade and security.