BBOG to Resume Daily Protest at Presidential Villa
The Bring Back Our Girls coalition has announced that it would resume its daily protest at the Presidential Villa, Abuja from Tuesday.
In a statement on Thursday, spokesperson of the group, Segun Akume said that nothing had been heard from the Federal Government since 82 of the Chibok schoolgirls abducted by Boko Haram were released in May, 2017.
He said it was now over 1,305 days since the abduction of the 113 girls that were still in custody of the insurgency group.
Akume noted that none of the commitments made by the government had been fulfilled.
The group spokesperson stated that it had on several occasions put on hold its march expecting to see the outcome of the commitments made by the government.
The statement said: ”Our movement therefore resumes daily marches to the State House, in order to refocus attention on the plight of our #ChibokGirls and all the incidences of abductions, killings, and general insecurity as well as the abysmally poor handling of the situations; to demand their immediate return.”