Umo Eno, popularly known as Pastor Umo Eno, has emerged the governor-elect of Akwa Ibom State following the 2023 gubernatorial election held on March 18, 2023.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Returning Officer, Prof Emmanuel Adigio, declared Eno as the winner after he polled a total of 354,348 votes.
Eno’s closest rivals in the election, Akanimo Udofia of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Uduakobong of the Labour Party (LP), scored 129,602 votes and 4,746 votes, respectively.
Here are nine things to know about him:
- Advertisement -
- Pastor Umo Eno was born on May 10th, 1964, in his hometown in Akwa Ibom State, a state in the Southern part of Nigeria.
- He is married to his lovely wife, Pastor (Mrs.) Patience Eno, and together they have six grown-up children and a grandson.
- He obtained a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from the prestigious University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, and is currently pursuing a Ph.D. degree in the same university.
- Pastor Umo Eno graduated from Pan-African College’s Lagos Enterprise Faculty (LBS). He also holds a Nationwide Productivity Award (FNCHI).
- He started his career following his appointment as a banker at Union Bank of Nigeria in 1982.
- Besides working with Union Bank of Nigeria, Pastor Umo Eno has worked with Bertola Machine Tools, a company he worked with between 1985 and 1990.
- He worked with Norman Holdings Limited as the company’s General Manager between 1990 and 1997, and founded Royalty Group company in 1997.
- Pastor Umo Eno is currently the Honorable Commissioner for lands and water resources in Akwa Ibom State, and the General Overseer of All Actions Christian Ministry Int’l.
- The PDP governorship candidate, Akwa Ibom state, Umo Eno caused a stir on social media after stating that if elected, he would declare ‘Happy Hour’ every Friday to enable bars sell drinks at affordable prices to the people.