President Muhammadu Buhari has official launched Change Begins With Me Campaign.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has said that the national reorientation campaign, “Change Begins With Me”, has no political, religious or ethnic coloration.
Mohammed made this known at the inauguration of the campaign by President Muhammadu Buhari, in Abuja on Thursday.
Here are 7 premises which the campaign will be based on:
– The sole objective of achieving a paradigm shift in the ways we do things
– Change begins with me is a national campaign that has no colouration whatsoever.
– The campaign principle is simple, each one of us must live the change we want to see in our society.”
– The campaign will be carried out in all the major languages of the country.
– The campaign will be leverage heavily on the social media and it will be largely youth-driven.
– It will centres on the acts and consequences of corruption, bribery, bunkering and other economic sabotage activities.
– It will also focus on moral values – punctuality, obedience to traffic rules, use of pedestrian bridges and consequences of examination malpractices, among others.
NOTE: “Change begins with me” will use persuasion instead of force compare to the War Against Indiscipline WAI.